Follow me on Instagram: Rosh305

First Day in Lima



My first day in Lima was amazing. It was everything I expected and more. I live in a beautiful house in Surco, which is a district within Lima. The neighborhood is very nice, clean, and it is walking distance from Starbucks. Everything you see in the states is basically here. Peruvians must love Kentucky Fried Chicken because I see Colonel Sanders everywhere. There are also bodegas(corner stores) on every street and tons of pharmacies. The main supermarket chain here is called Wong, and I would say it is the Peruvian version of Wal-Mart.

I did a lot of exploring my first day with one of my roommates named Brandon, who also happens to be one of my buddies from Atlanta. He went to Chiropractic school with me at Life University and is currently doing his preceptorship/internship here in Lima for 3 months. We started the day off by going to a place called Polvos Rosado. This place is similar to a flea market, except you can get just about anything here.... literally, and for real cheap.

Larco Mar, Miraflores District
Later that night we went to Larco Mar which is a shopping megacomplex in the Miraflores district(only 15 mins from my house). It is probably the most popular tourist attraction in all of Lima. It has both indoor and outdoor areas which include restaurants, shops, a movie theater, bowling lanes, and a view unlike any. The entire complex is built into the cliffside and captures breathtaking views of the ocean. It is by far, one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen in my entire life. Absolutely amazing. Everyone should put this place on their bucket list.

We walked the strip and hung out in Larco Mar for while before ending the night at Bembos for a quick bite to eat. Bembos is very popular fast food chain that is similar to Mcdonalds, with a Peruvian twist. The meat here is mixed with different spices which gives it a distinct look and taste. They also serve “Aji” which is a pepper based sauce on the side. I ordered a Huachana Cheeseburger Combo with a ton of Aji sauce on the side. I have no clue what all was on that burger I ate, but it was freaking good.

Thats all for now folks. I leave for Trujillo in northern Peru on Sunday to train for a week and be a part of the longboard qualifiying series compeition. This is a huge surfing event which is a part of the ASP (association of surfing professionals) and I will be adjusting tons of Pro Surfers from around the world. I love it. The dream is real.



Eating at Bembos with Brandon


Huachana at Bembos



2 comments:

  1. You are a rock star. Stay up and well. Cousin Jerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOOKS BEAUTIFUL ROSH! ENJOY YOUR TIME TO MAX!! love u!
    Jean

    ReplyDelete